Get ready folks, tomorrow (Wednesday, October 4) is National Taco Day! If you’re ready to indulge in this delicious food holiday, here’s where you can score a deal on tacos.
- Chuy’s - Save $1 on Mexican beer all day and get $1 Crispy Beef tacos with any order. But if you want a free entree, you’ll have to come dressed in a taco costume.
- Fuzzy’s Tacos - Tacos are just $1 on National Taco Day!
- On the Border - Treat yourself with 50-cent mini tacos all day long.
- Taco Bell - Celebrate the holiday with a $5 Taco Day Gift Set, which includes a Crunchy Taco, a Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco, a Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco and a Fiery Doritos Locos Taco.
- Taco Cabana - Sign up for TC Rewards and get a free Fajita Taco.
- Taco Bueno has a deal. 1 free taco with any purchase.
Tasty Taco Facts That Will Impress Your Friends
- Americans eat more than 4.5 billion tacos a year. You have guac to be kidding me!
- Opened by Glen Bell in 1962, Taco Bell is the first Mexican food fast-food franchise. It serves more than 40 million customers a week. Also, contrary to popular belief, Taco Bell’s “seasoned beef” contains 88 percent beef—not 35 percent.
- The word taco dates back to the 18th century. Back then, a taco referred to paper wrapped around gunpowder. Talk about explosive flavor.
- The hard shell taco was invented in 1947 as a solution to corn tortillas not staying fresh for long.
- Tacos first made their way north of the Mexico border in the 20th century.