KCENTV: BSR Surf Resort closes after surfer dies from 'brain-eating amoeba'


Author: Paris Jones

WACO, Texas — The BSR Surf Resort in Waco voluntarily closed its wave pool Sunday for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to test the water after a surfer who visited the pool died from Naegleria fowleri, which is also known as a "brain-eating amoeba."

Fabrizio "Fab" Stabile, who was from New Jersey, died of the infection, which is extremely rare but very deadly, according to the CDC.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content