So, what can you do to keep your packages from being swiped? Well, there are several steps you can take, and most of them are pretty simple. They include:
- As long as your boss is okay with it, have packages shipped to you at work so they aren’t left on your doorstep.
- Find friends or neighbors who are home during the day and ask them if they can receive your packages.
- Require that any package you send receive a signature so they are not left at the door.
- Ask the people you are sending packages about the safest way to get things to them.
- Use alternative pickup or delivery options, which can be found at shippers websites.
- Get home security devices, which can be clearly seen to deter thieves.
Source: CBS News