Google has released its annual list of their site’s most popular search terms and “Fortnite” and “What is Bitcoin” are near the top of the list and the most popular global search for the year was the “World cup.” But in the food category, keto recipes and romaine were on people’s minds. Here are the top five foods we were Googling this year.
- Keto cheesecake - It seems like everyone was searching for keto cheesecake recipes this year, and they say it’s pretty easy to make a low-carb version of the dessert when you swap sugar for artificial sweetener and regular flour for almond flour.
- Keto pancakes - With everyone on a keto diet this year, keto pancakes were also a big hit on the Internet. Almond flour works here as well a maple extract and stevia mix that takes the place of regular maple syrup.
- CBD gummies - A big food trend this year was cannabidiol, the compound found in hemp and cannabis that doesn’t contain THC, so it won’t get you high, but it does deliver some of the sedation and relaxation people get from pot, but without the trippy effects. Now you can get CBD in everything from cocktails to ice cream, but the Internet really loved CBD gummies this year.
- Romaine lettuce - People were Googling this because they were legitimately concerned for their health after the CDC started warning us to avoid romaine lettuce because of an E.coli outbreak.
- Unicorn cake - Are you really surprised the most-searched food of 2018 was unicorn cake?
Source: Extra Crispy