According to a study by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram of Texas Department of Safety data from 2012-16, Hidalgo County had the most number of tickets issued with 58,669. Harris County came in second, with 46,082 tickets.
The Top Ten counties for speeding tickets, in descending order, were:
- Hidalgo, with 58,669 speeding tickets issued during the four-year period between 2012-16.
- Harris County, 46,082 tickets issued.
- Cameron, 42,846 tickets.
- Montgomery, 42,447 tickets.
- Brazoria, 37,811 tickets.
- Williamson, 31,213 tickets.
- Bell, 30,597 tickets.
- Fort Bend, 26,630 tickets.
- Parker, 26,506 tickets.
- Collin, 26,431 tickets.