(Photo Credit) Dave Thomas
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST STATE IN THE WORLD!
Dave Thomas of THE AUSTIN AMERICAN STATESMAN compiled the most epic list of all things Texas!
HERE ARE THE TOP 10 MOST TEXAS THINGS THAT EVER TEXAS'ED:
~Add ME to the list and you get 181~ :P
1. Willie Nelson
2. Real Barbecue. Spelled with a “c,” of course, because the c stands for “cow.”
3. Wide open spaces and lonely roads.
4. Big skies
5. An awesome diversity of people (which leads to an awesome diversity of food, music and culture).
6. Bluebonnets (it's almost time)
7. Tacos from Austin. (Ha! We’re just kidding. We’ll take a taco from anywheres south of Oklahoma.)
8. SHINER BEER. (my all time fav) The only Texas beer you could buy before Prohibition that’s still made at its original brewery.
9. That spot on Highway 87 east of Eden (really) where West Texas just kinda appears.
170 more to go!