.....and Waco gets ready for opening day of a new Central Texas team’s first season is scheduled for April 26, 2018. #BlueCats
It's a new season, but your local Minor League baseball team still has the same, stupid name. "USA Today" ranked 'The 10 Weirdest Minor League Baseball Team Names." And yes, these ARE real. Here's the list:
1. The New Orleans Baby Cakes . . . the Triple-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins.
2. The Asheville Tourists . . . a farm team of the Colorado Rockies.
3. The El Paso Chihuahuas . . . the Triple-A affiliate for the San Diego Padres.
4. The Lansing Lugnuts . . . a farm team of the Toronto Blue Jays.
5. The Montgomery Biscuits . . . the Double-A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays.
6. The Binghamton Rumble Ponies . . . the Double-A affiliate of the New York Mets.
7. The Orem Owlz . . . a farm team of the L.A. Angels of Anaheim.
8. The West Virginia Power . . . a farm team of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
9. The Chattanooga Lookouts . . . the Double-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.
10. The Albuquerque Isotopes . . . the Triple-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies.
(They were named after the Springfield Isotopes from "The Simpsons".)